Friday, October 11, 2013


Photobucket


Welcome to our October Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. It’s absolutely amazing when you do a Google search the interesting facts you may find. Such a find is special and unique occasions throughout the year!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. As Neil Sedaka sang in his song "Calendar Girls" - "Romeo and Juliet on Halloween!!"

Our hop begins today with the lovely and super talented Lynne aka Her Craftiness which may be found at http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/. The entire line-up is available just in case you get bogged down with all the holidaze and craziness as you won't want to miss a single calendar event!!!! 

Our hop begins today with the lovely and super talented Lynne aka Her Craftiness which may be found at http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/. The entire line-up is available just in case you get bogged down with all the holidaze and craziness as you won't want to miss a single calendar event!!!! 

In case, you get lost along the way with all the craziness of the holidaze, here's the complete line-up to follow along with the streamers, cards, lay-outs and super creativity of the marvelous Calendar Girls:


October, 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Lynne
Clergy Appreciation Month

1 - National Lace Day -Janet
2 - Guardian Angels Day Laura
5 - World Card Making Day - Sandy
6 - Mad Hatter Day - Lynne
7 - World Smile Day - Lynne
9 - Fire Prevention Day- Sandy
11 - Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day - Lucy 
11 - World Egg Day
14 - Columbus Day - Lynne
14 - Be Bald and Free Day - Jearise
16 - Dictionary Day
19 - Sweetest Day- Sandy
21 - Count Your Buttons Day - Sandy
25 - Frankenstein Friday - Jearise
27 - National Tell a Story Day (in Scotland and the UK)
28 - Plush Animal Lover's Day - Lynne
30 - National Candy Corn Day - Sandy
30 - Mischief Night - Janet
31 - Halloween - Christine

We are offering some fabulous blog candy to 2 lucky winners - 

Just comment and give some bloggie love to each of the Calendar Girls. For our blog candy, Lynne is offering a personalized mug mat monogrammed with your first initial. Please, don't forget to comment on all blogs along with leaving your email address that we may contact the winner. You get to chose either fall colors or Halloween.
Also, Lynne is offering a breast cancer awareness bracelet to one lucky winner.

So glad you could make it today! Is the air cool, crisp and fresh where you live? Here in Texas, we have been teased with a few days of Fall weather but it left as quickly as it came!
I tried to keep the thoughts and feelings of October and Fall by decorating my surroundings! Otherwise I would think it was still SUMMER! AAgghh!
One of the decorations that I did and think it turned out well is a scarecrow wreath for my front door! My inspiration came from a picture that my daughter sent me from somewhere on the web. I would give proper credit if I knew to whom it belonged (she only clipped the pic with no source)! So please forgive me.


     Here is my inspiration   
                                                                      



 and here is MY WREATH!





They are a bit different but I LOVE the way mine turned out what do you think? It's really easy and would love to see pics if you make one for your front door!  You may already have some of the supplies or can get them quite cheaply!


Supplies used: 

A hay wreath that I found at the thrift store for $0.50
A 6ft Scarecrow on a stick (I removed the stick) from Joann's for $4.99
3 Autumn floral sprigs from Joann's for $1.50 each
3 rolls of Autumn ribbon from Joann's at $1.50 each
Some buttons that I had in my stash
Some floral pins or you could use hot glue 



Thank you for hopping with the Calendar Girls! Your next stop in the hop is Laura.  Be sure to mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on November 9, 2013, for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!

13 comments:

  1. This is so nice and I love cheap, lol
    Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day,
    Sandy
    ♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥
    ♥ A Working Mom's Joy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your door hanging . . . I love scarecrows and this is phenomenal!!!
    Your project is amazing as usual and its truly a pleasure hopping with you as usual my dear friend!!!
    much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute wreath. You nailed it! It looks lovely on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine I think your wreath is fantastic!!!
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really really awesome. Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Looks like something that I might be able to make. Thanks for the inspiration.

    mrsmarley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I love how it looks like he's hanging from a fence like an actual scarecrow on your door! I'm a new follower. nclights7 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow it really turned out awesome!!! Love it. And I would love to think it's still summer here lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable door decoration.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine, I love your scarecrow decoration. It is so adorable. I love things like this. So does my Mom. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine you need to add me after your name. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are welcome and appreciated...If you have a question, I will be sure to get back to you!