Thursday, March 31, 2016

How the "Duck" are you?

This morning I'd like to share with you a card that I have made to cheer my Mom up. She broke her foot back in the first week of February and has had to be off her feet since then! She is going stir crazy since she is used to being able to go out and go shopping or visit friends whenever she felt like. So being stuck in the house has had a little tug on her daily happiness! So I think she'll get a smile when she receives this card in the mail! I would deliver it personally but she lives in NJ and I live in Texas! Just a little too far for a quick visit! LOL I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it...


I used a white cardstock which I folded in half and punched a small circle in. I cut a piece of green mulberry paper a bit smaller and added a yellow ribbon from my stash. I hand wrote the sentiment on some punched circles from scraps. The duck that I colored with Copic markers is from Sunsational Stamps' new set: Have a Purrfect Spring. 



The inside of the card shows the back of the duck peeking through the hole in the card. I cut two ducks out and glued them together. The grass and the sentiment are both from the same stamp set as the duck! I also used a piece of the same green mulberry paper on the inside to give it a bit of color.

This was a quick fun card that I hope will make my Mom smile! What do you think? How do you make someone smile when they are feeling a bit down? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you! You'd make me smile!!!

This card will be entered in the March challenge for:

Sunsational Stamps - anything goes with a twist (dimension)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are welcome and appreciated...If you have a question, I will be sure to get back to you!